Thursday, August 9, 2012

visitors

Last weekend my parents were in town for a visit!
 I took them to teavolve after getting off of work! hurray for yummie breakfast food!


I took a nap, then we headed to the Walters art museum for a bit, then to a late lunch at marie louise bistro, where I got the beet and cheese salad - again with the tasty!

 No pictures of the art museum - but it is a nice free museum. I've been meaning to go visit it forever, but never got around to it. i'm such a lazy butt! That night we ate at the Helmand! Another place I've been meaning to try since i found out about it. tasty afghan food!

The next day after breakfast at ... somewhere maybe? i forget!  we went off to hike a little of the Gwynns Falls trail i haven't been on before.
















It was hot! and on the way back we took an apparently not much used side trail, and it was attack of the spider webs! But good. I need to go out there more.

We saw To Rome With Love, and then went to Pierspoint for dinner to get Mom her crabcakes! and of course, got some pitango gelato since we were in the neighborhood.

Yesterday since it was my night off, I re visited the Walters - we didn't see all of it. It was probably a good thing we didn't get Dad to the third floor - we may not have gotten out of the museum til dinner! A lot of religious art.  But also neat asian art in the adjoining building (see my instagram photos of the weird figurines)

Other than that - reading a lot. Kristin reminded me of how awesome Joe Haldeman is. Read Marsbound (birthday present!) and re-read The Forever War.
Also reading 2312by Kim Stanley Robinson.

Work isn't bothering me as much as it used to, which is good. About to sleep soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment